Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Knitting Commando


I finished the i-Cord on the Etruscan Tank around 3:30 in the morning on Sunday. I took some Sudafed before bed and I just could not sleep. I have not blocked, yet. I will get some photos when I do.

Cast on for two new projects. Both summer tanks. The one that has seen the most action is the Waves of Grain tank from the Summer 04 issue of Vogue Knitting. The yarn is Pegasus from Elann, a cotton/viscose blend in a Prussian blue.

This seemed to be a fairly straight forward lace pattern. Fairly straight forward but I had trouble with it a couple times. Then it hit me LACE=LifeLines. I had been knitting Commando. Once I started with the lifelines I have not needed them - go figure. I am also using highlighter tape to mark my place. It sticks to the paper and then lifts off easily to move to the next pair of rows.

The dining room table I showed yesterday is an antique that we inherited from my MIL. The chairs are unusual. The seats are woven rush. Formal Mahogany wood combined with rush seats is a combination I have never seen. Our kitty began to pull the rush off to play with it. I purchased seat cushions to protect the rush and to make it easier to vacuum up the kitty hair. Now the menace is pulling off the rush from the bottom: Who me? That innocent act is not going to fool me, I have two college students :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah-- said...

That yarn is gorgeous. I love the tone of the blue. Isn't it funny how you implement the lifeline and you no longer need it? I have yet to use lifelines in any lace I have knitted. That might change when I tackle Icarus. I use one of those magnetic boards to keep track in my lace patterns. I haven't seen highlighter tape. Kitty looks so innocently cute.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Amnicon Studio said...

Oh those kittys :-)

The colors are nice :-) I will have to remember to not knit lace "commando" (I love that) :-)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home