Knitting slowing down.
What a week! This is vacation and ' not so much'!
1. Monday I worked to tie up loose ends.
2. Tuesday - my car is in the shop for some body work. Totally my fault. I misjudged the placement of a concrete pillar in a parking garage!
3. Tuesday evening, DS called from work to ask me to bring him something for an ear ache. I met him in the parking lot and he decided it was too bad to work and we went straight to ER. What an interesting place! We went in at 8 and left around 11:30. The place was really rocking by then. I had the Aquaphobia sock in my purse and ipod so I figured I was set. When I pulled out the sock, I discovered that one of the cables had pulled out. The pattern is a slip stitch on every other stitch, every other row. There was no way that I could pick up the stitches, especially in that poor light. Instead, I frogged and began again. I guess now it can be a legal Summer of Sock, sock.
4. Wednesday I went to the Orthopedist for my thumb. It has been bothering me for at least 6 weeks now and not getting any better. I just didn't have time at the end of the school year to take care of it - that is what vacation is for. He diagnosed a 'Trigger Thumb" and injected Cortisone. The hand was numb and throbbing all night. Today, the thumb extends less than it did yesterday. I may try to knit some this afternoon. After all, what else do you do on vacation :)
As DS left last night to go to work he asked me how it felt to be the only family member without a job and car! Hopefully the car will be done today. The job will interrupt vacation repeated over these three weeks. There are some things that will have to be taken care of. Such is life.
1 Comments:
I almost casted on for the Aquaphobia sock yesterday but changed my mond at the last minute. I love the colors in your yarn. And yes! It is now a legal SOS sock. :-)
Oh I do hope your Trigger Thumb gets better soon! Vacations are meant for knitting and other fun creative stuff!
Post a Comment
<< Home