Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Christmas Knitting finished!


I finished the last gift on the 12th day of Christmas! This is the Ski Beanie by Terra Jamison in the Son of Stitch and Bitch. The yarn is Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK and I used US size 3 circular needles and double points. The pattern calls for it to be knitted flat and then seamed up the back. I knit it in the round. This is for college son. He will be returning to university the end of this week but there really was no hurry to finish. Last week it was in the teens and he could have used it. Today, the high was almost 80. We have had a very unusually warm winter. You hardly feel like pulling out the woolens!.

DD agreed to try on the cap when finished. I realized that it was too big! I followed the measurements but it appears that both my children have small heads. There was a nipple on top. I might have been able to block it more open and flat, however, the real problem was that there was about 1' too much length. I took it apart, reknitted, blocked and now it looks much better.

Now back to knitting for me!. I have pulled out the red Elsebeth Lavold vest. I have a meeting in Columbia next Monday so I hope to get a great deal done that day. It requires a total of 6 hours in the car so I also will have the opportunity to catch up on blogs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Very good-looking hat. It's on my to do list for my college boy, too.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home