Monday, July 02, 2007

Over Promised and Under Served

Maybe you have noticed that I have added some new buttons on the side bar for some KALs. Whatever was I thinking! The FPL shawl has been haunting me for months and really needs to be finished but it is so BORING!!!!

I am up to the armholes and the Kauni and love, love. love this knit. It has become my Constant Companion, even though it is in the 90's and very humid. The stockinette is mindless but the color changing makes it interesting, almost addictive. I hope I am doing this armhole steeking thing correctly. I have never done this before and I am really not sure what to do.

I did sign up for the Summer of Socks. I grew discouraged and fed up with the Crazy Opal and set it aside. I started over for the fourth time. This time I am using 70 stitches to see if I can get the patterning going any better.

I have signed up for the Mystery Shawl 3. I am going to use the yarn I ordered from Perchance to Knit. It is a 50/50 Merino/Tussah silk laceweight in the Midnight Rainbow colorway. This is so luscious, I can't wait to start. The colors are very difficult to describe and I have struggled with deciding what color beads to use. I finally ordered some amethyst, copper, grey, and silver. Hopefully one of those will work.

Have you seen the Knitting Elegance KAL?
The book is in Japanese. I have ordered it from Amazon.jp. Someone stop me!!! I am out of control.

1 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

It sounds like you have a good rotation of projects going on. That Knitting Elegance KAL sounds fabulous. I'm so tempted to order that book now! As if I didn't have enough to do. ;-)

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home