Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lookie


OK, Third time is not a charm but it closer and I give up. It will just have to do. This is on a size one needle with 60 stitches.

Look what came in the mail today! It is Kauni yarn in the rainbow colorway. I had planned on workin with some cotton yarn this summer and maybe a shawl project. The weather has been very hot and dry already and it just doesn't seem a good time to work with wool. However, I could not resist.

The yarn has a very loose twist and is very scratchy. I am not thrilled with the yarn but I do love the colors and the concept of this pattern and how the colors work. As a process knitter, this is right up my alley.

I am thinking about knitting the Kauni Cardigan. the free pattern is here at Ruth's, (click on the little Union Jack to download a pdf in English). I have never done steeks before, I have been a little timid but it is time to venture forth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

isn't the harlot knitting the kauni? i love it! i think it will be a lot of fun to knit. :-)

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get frustrated when I can't get the yarn to self pattern exactly like the pictures too. You can find the translated opal band pattern on www.ptyarn.com, but I don't know if that would do much good. Seems you've tried lots to get it to stripe like you want already!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home