Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Switching Teams

Last spring I developed Tendinitis in my right hand and had to have an injection. The injection was not a very pleasant experience but it worked wonderfully and I have been knitting relatively pain free. I am a thrower and at that time, someone recommended that I try continental so that I would have options and it would relieve my hands to be able to switch up now and then. I had no problem with knitting in Continental so I have been doing my garter stitch Tie-Dy sweater using that technique.

Previously, I had been able to knit and read at the same time if the project were a simple one. I have not reached that comfort level, as of yet, with the continental method. I wonder how many repetitions it takes to build muscle memory?

I thought that I could also purl in continental. Then I viewed a video that someone had linked to her blog and realized that I did not. Since I am directionless, I have used my lunch break yesterday and today to knit a gauge swatch for a new project using the continental method while watching this video: .

It feels less awkward today and By George, I think I've got it!