Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jitterbugging!

Socks number 3 for the year are complete! I finished the Jitterbug socks with some yarn to spare. I was able to get a 7" leg which is my preference. The LYS warned me that the yardage was not as generous as some and I decided to knit a plain sock to conserve the yarn and to enjoy the colors. The skein came with a free pattern. I knit the number of stitches recommended for a medium woman's sock but knit the length for a man's sock figuring there must be enough yarn for at least that. Anyway, I am pleased. The colors are fun. There was no pooling.

Meanwhile, I have been trudging along on the FPL shawl. I am almost done with tier number nine. I traveled to Columbia last week for business and took some colleagues. I took knitting with me but was only able to work on the sock a little and never had a moment to concentrate on the lace. The weekend was not generous either. We did some car shopping Sat and that put me way behind for my chores.

I have cast on for a new sock to carry with me. It is the Sophisticated colorway in 50/50 Superwash Merino/Tencel dyed by Susie at To Knit, Perchance to Dream. The yarn is a little thinner but the colors shimmer, almost like silk. I am going to jump on the band wagon and knit Monkey. Hope to soon have some progress to post!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Love those Jitterbug socks. Such pretty colors!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Yosemite said...

I love the colour of those socks. They look great!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love the socks Peggy! Haven't tried the new Jitterbug yet myself.
Now give us some FPS update pics please :)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home