Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Think I caaaaaaaan.....

No sense in a picture. The thing I have learned about a rectangular shawl is that it is more of the same, just longer. It really does get rather boring. I don't think I will plan on another rectangle - this year.

I have reached repeat 9. I think I am stop at 10 or 10 1/2. I reached the middle of the shawl after I finished the first skein of yarn. I am afraid I might not have enough yarn for one or two rows of the border so I will just end a little sooner.

I ordered a pewter shawl pin from Patternworks yesterday to go with this gift. Along with much yarn! I eyes are tooooo big. I must really stop this acquisition. It might almost be considered an addiction. I purchased Classic Ellite Skye Tweed from Elann. Enough for a cardigan for me and one for my nephew plus Espirit for a Christmas gift for DD's teacher who also knits socks. I decided I had better buy some of the Espirit for me also since I liked the color and it might not make it to her! From Patternworks, I also ordered Aurora 8 for a cabled sweater for me and one for my nephew. I also ordered the new colorway Lisa Souza has developed to honor Violet of the Lime and Violet podcast. Violet has found a lump in her breast and a portion of the purchase will help to defray her medical costs. Well, you know I could not order just one, I also ordered some of the Petrograph colorway.

I must stop. There is no way that I will ever be able to knit up all the yarn I have!!! I am afraid to count up the number of socks I now have yarn for. It is probably in the dozensssss.

Well, back to shawl before Anny gets after me again for being on the Internet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I've been doing some shop therapy myself too. I bought some spinning fiber when I said I wouldn't do that. It's the Internets that does it to us I tell you!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Yarn is addicting - I am in the same boat. I am knitting my stash -because I have enough yarn to knit for a LONG time. I hope you got yarn for christmas!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home