Must There Always Be Drama

I think I shared our excitement that our daughter made the NCAA Equestrian team at her college. As a freshman, she was not sure that she was going to make a show squad. On 11/17 she was told that she would ride in the home show on 11/22. That was wonderful for us. The college is around 2 hours away so you know mom and dad are going to be there with our CofC Equestrian chairs! On 11/19 the daughter was kicked by a horse in the aisle of the barn. (Insert sound indicating DRAMA). The mare caught her on the upper thigh. There were no broken bones but a very deep bruise that the trainer was worried would calcify and damage the muscle. OK, the crib notes version is that she rode, she placed and the injury is healing well.

While in Charleston for the show, I managed to sneak by my favorite yarn shop, Knit. My mother had had an appointment on 11/18 at the Medical University of SC which is about 3 blocks from the shop. We always stop by the shop and then take college girl out to lunch. But (Insert sound indicating DRAMA). work interfered and newly retired husband took her instead. I was so glad to be able to slip by on the 20th as they had just received some Malabrigo sock. I have a feeling it was pretty much picked over but I still managed to find a couple of skeins that are lovely. No photos. We had some very rainy, dreary weather this past weekend and I get home from work after dark. I will try better next time.
Two pairs of boot socks are done, fit and are appreciated. No new pictures, just visualize a lonnnng tube. They are 20" in length, including the ribbing. Thank goodness college girl is short!
I finshed knitting the Ring of Lace Shawl on Thanksgiving Day and got ready to bind off but (Insert sound indicating DRAMA). I cannot locate the directions. I remember reading something about doing a crocheted bind off. I have no idea how to do this so I have put that knit in time out until I can locate the directions.
In place of the shawl, I picked up the Sideways Spencer to finish for college girl. I am using a luscious black silky merino. I have had no luck in photographing this knit, it resembles a black blob. You will just need to use your imagination. I had knit the left sleeve, progressed across the left front, the back and the right front and I think I was at the top of the right sleeve. (Insert sound indicating DRAMA). My notes made no sense and the left and right fronts looked like they were different widths. I decided to frog back to a recognizable spot and pick up from there. I ended up starting over, completly. This is a very fast knit and I should have the body completed tonight. My notes are much better this time!!!
I have swatched the Malabrigo and selected the Marina Piccolo sock pattern.(Ravelry link). I finished the 1x1 ribbing and started setting up the first rows for the pattern. It does not work into the ribbing well for my size. In fact, I am not sure I am reading the pattern correctly at all. This is in time out and I am auditioning other sock patterns. There are too many other lovely patterns out there to deal with this level of frustration.
2 Comments:
Congrats to college girl! I am so glad to hear that she wasn't injured to where she couldn't ride. That was have been awful if she wasn't able to. I know ya'll are very proud.
Ooo you got sock Malabrigo sock yarn. I've been hearing lots of yummy things about it. I just might have to get some. I think you are the first person I have ever heard of swatching for a sock. Hooray for having the long socks done!
Love all the drama in the post!!!
Heya!
I couldn't find your email address, but here's the link to the video of the Harlot knitting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P51GByV0H2w
Post a Comment
<< Home