Sunday, December 07, 2008

Feline Assistance


The body of the Sideways Spencer is complete. This has been a very quick knit. It is now blocking on the dinning room table. Oscar the cat has been terrorizing it. He loves to pull the pins out of my blocking. I covered the sweater with a beach towel but that seemed to just increase the intrigue. Now he can hide under the towel while attacking pins. I hope it doesn't take long to dry.

I am really having some issues with photographing knits in this winter light. Black yarn does not help. Ribbing and sewing up left to do. DD will be home for winter break around the 16th. I am really not sure how long she will want the ribbing. I may knit some and leave it on waste yarn so I will be able to add or subtract to match her preferences.

Meanwhile, I have started a vanilla sock for my take along project. It is a Regia that has been in my stash for years. I don't remember when I bought it or where. I am using the Fortissima Colori Basic Sock pattern that I downloaded years ago. Vanilla socks are a guilty pleasure. This yarn really doesn't need anything else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah-- said...

I think it is a smart decision to leave the ribbing on waste yarn until DD comes home to get the fit she really wants. Least the majority of the knit is done. Hooray for stash busting on your new sock. I like how the yarn is striping. Very cool and I agree, the yarn doesn't need more than that.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home