Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Knitting Therapy

UKHandknitting.com refers to Knitting as the New Yoga! Boy does this yarn potato love that idea. They go on to state that many of us use this hobby as the antidote to our stressful workaholic lives and provides a knitting detoxification. Hmmm, 2 hours knitting equals how many hours of knitting??

WOW - now I can consider my addiction to be healthy.
I had not realized it has been more than a week since I first created this blog and have not added any posts. My mind has been elsewhere - the Black wreath on the door indicating the plaque might give you a hint.
  • Monday of last week, DD began with the flu,
  • Wednesday I took DS to the hospital for an MRI for a followup for a concussion received in soccer practice
  • Thursday was the day for DH to have a colonoscopy. It was also the day I began my bout with the flu. Now if you have every had the pleasure of a rotor rooter experience - you know that it takes several days of preparation. Even the preparation itself is something you do not want to repeat. After the procedure, the driver must sign a form acknowledging that the patient must not drive, make decisions or sign any legal documents for 24 hours. Sooooo, I could not send DH by himself, besides, what better place to have the flu than sitting in the hospital lobby. I took along my Zebra Jaywalkers. An adorable elderly woman wanted to sit next to me and watch me knit. However, I had to move her off - I sure did not want to be responsible for sharing with her!!! (DH was clean as a whistle and quite proud.)
  • Friday - DS now has the flu. Can I please have time to be sick in peace!!!
  • Monday - 18 year old boarder now has the flu. Give me a break. The only one left is DH. I certainly hope it skips him. This has just been too much.
While waiting at the hospital, I reached the toe on both socks but had to quit. I didn't feel it would be well received if I removed my shoes and socks to size the new socks. I put them in my bag and just have not gone back to them.

OTN - Opal Sock of the Month - Basketweave II Sock. I am enjoying this pattern. It is an easy design and provides just enough texture.

I will add pictures soon. Children have 'borrowed' the battery charger for the digital cameras. Yes, plural - 3 cameras, all dead batteries. I have ordered a new cable that I will keep under lock and key!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home